Saturday, October 8, 2011

How I met the Great Saxophonist & Musician Eddie Harris

I was setting in my Sax Shop in Los Angeles one day when a guy waked in the front door.  Now I know who he was even thought we have never meet.  He was Eddie Harris..  He walked over to my bench where I was working and said "I am having trouble playing my high notes and need your help"  Well this is Eddie Harris and he can play as high on the saxophone as anyone alive.  I thought I do not want to get into talking about high notes with Eddie Harris.  He turned his back to me and took out his sax so I could not see it.  He started to try to play.  All I heard was squeaks......   It was really bad.....   He turned around and said "I don't know what the problem is"  apparently he had closed the car door on his neck and it went at a right angle... and was very flat in the center....  He looked at me and started laughing....  And that was how I met Eddie.....  He had just come in to find a new neck which I happened to have.... but wanted to have some fun before asking me if I had one....

No comments:

Post a Comment